Rainbow Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
For the Blood Orange Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon blood orange zest:
- juice from 1 blood orange
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 12 ounces mixed salad greens
- 4 rainbow carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 blood orange, peeled and sliced
- 4 kiwis, sliced (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup radish sprouts
- 1/4 cup edible flowers
- In a small bowl, prepare the vinaigrette. Stir together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, orange zest, orange, and shallots. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and chill in the refrigerator.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together salad greens, carrots, radishes, blood oranges, kiwis, mint leaves, and radish sprouts.
- Pour the chilled dressing onto the salad. Toss together. Garnish with edible flowers.