Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1 (32-ounce) chicken broth
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Add chicken breast, cover and reduce to a gentle simmer. Poach chicken until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Set aside, cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- In a separate medium size bowl, add garlic powder, salt, Dijon mustard, lime juice, and mayonnaise. Stir to combine.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and shred.
- Add shredded chicken, avocados, celery, green onions, and stir to coat well. Serve with salad greens, or as a sandwich roll, or tortilla wraps.