Skipping the tortilla for an easy gluten-free breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup tri-color bell peppers, chopped
- 3 teaspoons oil, reserved
- 3 tablespoons black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoon Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- In a small fry pan, sauté onions and peppers in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Cook until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same fry pan, add 1 teaspoon oil and heat over medium-high heat. Pour in egg whites. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook until set.
- Slide egg onto a plate. Spoon the vegetable mixture on top of half of the omelette and fold in half. Garnish with avocado, salsa, and cilantro.