- 10 ounces Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 pound oaxaca cheese, shredded
- Tortilla chips
- 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and break into chunks with a wooden spoon. Stir until cooked through and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Remove the chorizo to a plate.
- Add onions and bell peppers to the pan juices and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return chorizo to skillet with onions and bell peppers and stir to combine and remove from heat. Add chorizo and vegetables to a oven-safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro. Serve hot with tortilla chips.