Sweet Potato Nachos
- 9 tomatillos
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (1-ounce) can green chilies
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large bag, tortilla chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- To make tomatillo salsa, preheat broiler. Place tomatillos, jalapeño, and garlic on a sheet pan, leaving skins on the tomatillos and garlic.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until charred. Remove and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove skins from tomatillos and garlic.
- Halve the jalapeño and remove seeds.
- Add tomatillos, garlic, jalapeño, canned green chiles, cilantro, juice from one lime and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth and combined. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place sweet potatoes wedges and cauliflower florets into a large bowl and toss evenly with olive oil, chili pepper, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread the wedges and florets out onto two baking sheets in an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, flip vegetables and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until tender and crisp. Remove from oven.
- Using an oven-safe dish, create layers of nachos starting with chips, cheese, roasted vegetables, salsa, black beans, cheese again, chips etc. Add a final layer of cheese on top. Broil until bubbly and melted.
- Before serving, top with additional salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, green onions and queso fresco. Squeeze a little lime juice right before serving.