Heart Sugar Cookies
For Valentine's Day
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of pink, red, and white sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Separate dough into two balls, slightly flatten into discs. Wrap the doughs in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about half an hour to an hour.
- Roll out one disc of dough on parchment paper to about 1/4" thickness.
- Spread a heavy layer of sprinkles across the dough firmly press the sprinkles into the dough.
- Using a heart shape cookie cutter, cut out hearts and transfer to baking sheets. Bake for 5-7 minutes depending on size of cookies.
- Remove from oven before they brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes, Transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.