Can guacamole get any healthier?
- ¾ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons mint, chopped (to taste)
- Remove fresh peas from pod and blanch in boiling water for 1 minute. Transfer to an ice bath until cold, drain. If using frozen peas, microwave until thawed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place cooked peas, avocado, lime juice, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process until slightly smooth and combined. Scrape into a bowl.
- Stir in onions, jalapeños, cilantro, and mint.
- Season to taste with additional lime juice and salt.
- Serve with chips or veggies.