Fully Loaded Queso
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- chili, favorite
- pico de gallo (optional)
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked (garnish)
- cilantro (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until combined. Cook 30 seconds, while whisking occasionally.
- Slowly whisk in milk. Cook, whisking often, until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in jalapeño, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Stir in cheese until completely melted.
- In a separate saucepan, warm up favorite chili.
- To serve, spoon cheese sauce into a bowl. Top with hot chili, pico de gallo, and bacon pieces. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with chips.