Carne Asada Cauliflower Rice Bowl
A healthy, gluten-free meal perfect for lunch or dinner any day of the week.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) bag cauliflower rice or pearls
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Romain lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup Cotija cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- In a food safe plastic bag, add olive oil, orange juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, lime zest and juice. Add steak, seal the bag and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes or in the refrigerator overnight. To make cauliflower rice, preheat oven to 425F.
- Spread the riced cauliflower out onto 1-2 baking sheets.
- Toss together olive oil, lime zest and juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer to oven and cook 10 minutes. Toss and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Remove and stir in cilantro.
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill for 5-8 minutes, flip and cook and additional 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove steak from grill and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain.
- To serve, scoop cauliflower rice into a bowl, top with steak, lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, cheese, and favorite salsa.