Winter Squash Wreaths with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Festive little wreaths can decorate your plates during Christmas dinner. They are pretty to look at and are delicious to eat!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper, finely ground
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 2 leaves curly kale
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, balsamic, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add the oil and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Continue whisking until the dressing is fully emulsified.
- Slice acorn squash into circles.
- Coat the squash in olive oil and lay out on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, roast for 25-30 minutes until well cooked but not overly brown.
- While they cool, make the kale-almond topping by combining all ingredients into a food processor except the pomegranate seeds.
- Pulse until chunky but well combined like a pesto.
- Spoon the kale onto the squash pieces making “wreaths” sprinkle with pomegranates.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.