Enchilada Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cooked, shredded*
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 4 portabello mushrooms, gills and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Grill or bake chicken for 15-20 minutes depending on thickness of breasts. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, shred the chicken into a bowl. Stir in enchilada sauce.
- Rub tops and bottoms of mushroom with olive oil. Fill caps with cooked enchilada chicken.
- Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and beginning to brown and mushrooms feel tender in the center.
- Remove from oven.
- To serve, top with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, scallions, and cilantro.
- *To simplify this recipe, cook chicken the day before or purchase rotisserie chicken.