Easter Rice Krispie Cake
A simple, eye-catching dessert that makes a fun centerpiece too!
- 24 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 4 (10 ounce) packages marshmallows
- 2 (4.25 ounce) decorative white icing
- 2 (10 ounce) jelly beans or favorite candy
- 1 chocolate bunny
- cooking spray
- 6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch cake pans
- 1 (10-inch) cake board
- Grease cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a very large pot or split recipe into two large pots, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in marshmallows. Continue to stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Spoon rice krispies into greased cake pans.
- Using a buttered spatula, press rice krispies into pans until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Squeeze a little icing onto the middle of a cake board or serving platter to “glue down” the cake. Invert the cake pans to allow krispie cakes to pop out and place onto the cake board.
- Continue to use a little icing to stack each krispie cake on top of each other.
- To decorate, squeeze icing around the base of each cake.
- Decorate with jelly beans or other favorite candy.
- To place the chocolate cake topper, use icing as glue for the base.
- Decorate with additional candy and Easter decorations.