A Mexican twist on a classic and simple appetizer.
Mexican Street Corn Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/4 cup crema
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 ears corn, grilled
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a large pot, add eggs and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs and allow to cool in cold water.
- Peel eggs, slice in half lengthwise, and remove yolks.
- Add yolks to a medium size bowl. Mash together with crema, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add mixture to a pastry bag and pipe into each egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cheese, red onion, corn, chili powder, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle corn mixture onto each egg.
- Garnish with additional chili powder and cilantro. Serve cold.