A creamy avocado dressing mixed with crispy cauliflower and spiced chickpeas.
Mexican Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon , divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Brussel sprouts, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup Greek low fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup pepitas, roasted
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, toss together 2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Divide seasoned oil and toss cauliflower and chickpeas separately in oil.
- Toss shredded Brussel sprouts in regular olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cauliflower, chickpeas, and Brussel sprouts onto three different sheet pans.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes until golden, tossing halfway through cooking time. Chickpeas and Brussel sprouts will cook faster than the cauliflower.
- While the vegetables and chickpeas are roasting, using a food processor, add avocado, yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Blend until pureed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove vegetables and chickpeas from the oven. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together the roasted vegetables, chickpeas, quinoa in the avocado dressing. Garnish with Cotija cheese, pepitas, and cilantro.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.