Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- Sliced green onions or cilantro, for garnish
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, packed
- Handful of spinach
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime sliced (for garnish and seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, ground cumin, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss chopped cauliflower with olive oil. Season with mixed spices. Stir to coat evenly. Place on sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes, until tender.
- In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, toss together chopped kale, chopped red cabbage, corn, and queso fresco. Set aside.
- To make the avocado pesto; in a food processor, add avocado, basil, spinach, lemon juice, and garlic. Pulse until smooth, adding a couple tablespoons of water if needed to thin out.
- To serve, fill each bowl with roasted cauliflower, quinoa, mixed kale, tomatoes, season black beans, and avocado pesto.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
- Right before serving, squeeze fresh lime juice over each bowl.