Sopa de Fideo
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce uncooked vermicelli noodles
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium jalapeño
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add uncooked broken vermicelli noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until noodles are golden brown.
- Stir in onions, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper to the pot with the noodles, and cook for 5-7 minutes until onions are softened.
- Add crushed tomatoes, broth, and jalapeño. B
- ring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is soft.
- Remove from heat, add in chopped cilantro, and juice of 1/2 the lime. Stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, garnished with additional cilantro, lime, and sliced avocado.