- 2 cups of water
- 8 large green tomatillos
- ½ sliced white onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ avocado
- 1 ounce sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 package of corn tortillas
- 6 ounce Monterey Jack or Asadero cheese, shredded
- In a deep pan add water, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, salt and garlic. Cook until it boils for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for additional 5 minutes.
- Pour everything from the pan into a blender and blend well.
- Next, add the avocado, sour cream and tbsp of cilantro. Blend until creamy.
- In a separate flat pan, add oil, tablespoon chopped onion, shredded cheese and 2 oz of the tomatillo sauce from blender. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach, continuous stir until it is dark green. Set aside.
- First warm the tortillas with a little canola oil. Lay the warmed tortilla flat in a casserole pan and add 3 ounce of spinach mixture down the middle. Roll the tortilla and cover with the sauce you just made. Add a little cheese down the center on top of the tortilla and bake in preheated over (350 degrees) for several minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve with Spanish rice, slices of avocado and a touch of sour cream.