S’mores are one of my favorite childhood treats. Try swapping out graham crackers for warm, sugary churros. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- CINNAMON SUGAR
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Stir in water, and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in flour. Continue to stir over low heat for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Note, make sure the dough has cooled in order to prevent eggs from scrambling. Incorporate 1 egg at a time into the dough, stirring until well mixed and the dough is smooth.
- Prepare a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Set aside.
- Prepare cinnamon sugar by mixing together granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow pan.
- Line baking sheets with paper towels and set aside near frying station.
- Using a wok, or large saucepan, heat vegetable oil to a temperature of 350°F.
- Pipe 4-inches of dough into the oil, no more than three at a time. Fry until golden brown, using tongs to turn the churros.
- Note, maintaining the oil temperature at around 350°F is important. If the oil becomes too hot, the churros will brown quickly on the outside, not thoroughly cooking through.
- Remove crispy churros from the oil and roll into the cinnamon sugar.
- Set on prepared baking sheets to cool. Continue steps until all the dough has been fried.