Fill your morning plate with a high protein and gluten-free breakfast.
Chorizo Stuffed Bell Pepperes
- 16 ounces seasoned chorizo sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chorizo breaking up with a wooden spoon until cooked through. Stir in onions. Sauté until tender. Add the garlic and potatoes to the pan cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Drain excess oil.
- Arrange the bell pepper halves in a casserole dish. Spoon in the sausage hash between the bell peppers, leaving room for the egg. Carefully crack an egg into each pepper. Pour a cup of water into the baking dish. Lightly cover with a greased sheet of aluminum foil over the baking dish making sure not to be touching the eggs.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the eggs are soft set. Garnish with cilantro and serve. Eggs can also be soft boiled separately and added to the baked peppers right before serving.