A delicious summer salad that is hearty enough to serve as the main dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 cups fresh Romaine Salad, chopped
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 10 strawberries, quartered
- 2 ears corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, raw or pickled, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese
- cilantro vinaigrette of your choice
- In a plastic food safe bag, combine oil, lime juice, chipotles, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and salt.
- Place the chicken into the bag. Seal and toss to coat the chicken in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- To cook, grill the chicken on high heat for 5-6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for ten minutes before slicing.
- To serve, toss together lettuce, bacon, quinoa, strawberries, corn, avocado, red onions, Cotija cheese, and grilled chicken.
- Toss with your favorite cilantro vinaigrette.