Anything wrapped in bacon becomes a favorite in my house.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Stuffed Chicken
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts, butterflied or pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, diced
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack, shredded
- 8 slices bacon
- Heat a grill to medium heat.
- Lay the chicken flat, season the outside with salt and pepper, spread 1/4 of the mixture of the jalapeños and the cheeses on the chicken breasts, roll them up and wrap each in 2 slices of bacon.
- Grill chicken with the lid down, until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is cooked (160F to 165F), about 20-30 minutes, or bake in a preheated 400F oven, about 20-30 minutes, turning the oven to broil for the last few minutes to crisp the bacon.