Skip to content
- 1 (15.5-ounce can) garbanzo beans
- 1 1/4 cups corn kernels, reserved
- 1 lime, juiced plush 1/2 lime, juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese, reserved
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- In a food processor, combine beans, 1/2 cup corn kernels, 1 lime juiced, garlic, olive oil, chili powder, and salt.
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency. Add a little water at a time to thin out if needed. Season to taste with additional salt, lime, and chili powder.
- Mix 2 tablespoons Cotija cheese.
- To make the salsa, combine remaining corn, Cotija cheese, cilantro, 1/2 lime juiced, and salt in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon the salsa mixture on top of the hummus.
- Sprinkle with additional chili powder and olive oil. Chill until ready to serve.