Fruit salsa, a healthy alternative for dessert!
Strawberry Salsa with Cinnamon Crips
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 24 fluid ounce vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pound strawberries, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup kiwi, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon strawberry preserve
- 1/2 pound raspberries
- Cut tortillas into chip size triangles.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Fry tortilla 6-8 triangles at a time. Remove from oil and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle immediately with cinnamon sugar.
- Continue to fry tortillas and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Gently combine strawberries, apples, kiwi, lime juice and zest, and preserve. Stir in raspberries. Allow to sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving.