Make a hearty and healthy dinner in a bowl. I love this recipe since the real prepping and cooking is only grilling the meat and cooking the rice. All of the other toppings can be store bought or made ahead of time, making this an easy weeknight dinner to throw together. And with school around the corner, this is a great lunch to send with your kids.
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 cups Spanish rice, cooked
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl combine garlic, orange juice, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, cumin, salt, chili powder, oregano, paprika, red chili pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- Place steak and the marinade in a zip lock plastic bag or shallow dish. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place steak on grill and cook until medium-rare or 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing it thin against the grain.
- In four bowls, evenly distribute the cooked steak, rice, lettuce, sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole, and shredded cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro.