Instead of serving the classic pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dessert, surprise your guests with a gooey s’mores pie. Who doesn’t love chocolate and marshmallows!
- 2 cups of finely ground graham crackers (about 15-16 graham crackers)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla, reserved
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup of corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grind graham crackers in a food processor.
- Place graham cracker crumbs into a bowl, add the salt and the melted butter.
- Combine with a fork until the crumbs stick together.
- Place the crumbs in a 9 ½ pie plate working the crumbs up the side of the pan, with the palm of your hand. Set aside.
- Place both chocolate chips and butter in a heat safe bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until it simmers, pour it over the chocolate chips and whisk until melted and combined.
- Add whole eggs, and yolks and mix until combined. Add vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture into piecrust and bake 15-20 minutes until pie is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place 2 egg whites, corn syrup, salt, vanilla and cream of tartar in a bowl and whip on high until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy. Slowly add sugar.
- Allow pie to cool.
- Add marshmallow topping on top, creating decorative swirls with a spatula.
- Place pie under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until marshmallow topping turns golden brown. Watch closely.
- Garnish with pieces of graham crackers and mini chocolate chips (optional).