Easy, simple cooking starts with a crock pot. I love walking into my house, after a long day of work, smelling dinner that has just finished cooking.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 (12 ounce) jar favorite salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4-8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Place pork in the base of your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together salsa, chili powder, oregano, cumin, brown sugar, garlic, and salt. Pour evenly over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When done, shred the pork using two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with pico de gallo, avocados, and cilantro.