Skip to content
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks cold salted butter, diced into small cubes
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup high quality strawberry jam
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Place the all-purpose flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the butter. Using a pastry dough blender cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is the size of small peas.
- Add 3 tablespoons cold water and mix with a spatula, drizzling in more water as needed until the dough comes together.
- Gently knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for one minute.
- Cover the dough and place in the refrigerator and prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, honey, cornstarch, and vanilla.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread dough with jam, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Arrange the fruit over the dough in an even layer. Pour remaining juices left in the bowl over the fruit.
- Fold the edges up and over the berries. Brush the edges of the dough with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place the tart in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve topped with ice cream.