Shiitake + Button + Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cream
- 4 ounces brie, rind removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 sprigs thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the leeks and shallots until tender. Add garlic.
- Stir in mushrooms and sauté for another minute.
- Add the flour and stir to coat the vegetables.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Continue to stir until the mixture thickens. Lower to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add cream, brie, thyme, and nutmeg. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sherry and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.