Spooky, silly, and spicy appetizers will be enjoyed by all. If you are making these mummies for kids, try substituting bell peppers for jalapeños.
- 10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise or (5 green bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces, jack cheese, shredded
- 2 scallions, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- 2 eggs, beaten
- candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven 400ºF. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, jack cheese, scallions, and salt. Set aside.
- Roll out the crescent rolls into rectangles, pressing together the perforations to seal. Slice 10 long pieces from each rectangle.
- Fill each jalapeño with cheese mixture and wrap with two pieces of dough, leaving space for the candy eyes. Do not add the eyes until after the mummies have baked.
- Place mummies onto the baking sheet. Brush with beaten eggs and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Place candy eyes onto each jalapeño mummy. Serve warm.
- * Note, recommend using gloves when slicing jalapeños.