Bite size taco bowls. A perfect appetizer for any gathering.
- 12 flour tortillas
- salt to taste
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 ½ cups chicken, shredded
- ½ cup jack cheese, finely grated
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- 2 Limes, sliced into wedges
- Tajin to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly spray tortillas and sprinkle with salt.
- Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter or a rim of a large glass, cut tortillas into small circles.
- Place the mini tortillas into the greased muffin pans, shaping into a bowl.
- Bake tortillas for 5-8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Tortilla shells can be made and stored in an airtight container for up to one day before using.
- To assemble taco bowls, spoon beans, chicken, and cheese into shells.
- Set mini taco bowls in the cupcake pans. Return to oven and heat through, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top with pico de gallo, lettuce, and cabbage.
- Garnish with jalapeños.
- Squeeze lime juice over taco bowls. Season with a little Tajin (optional).