Grilled corn adds sweetness to the otherwise savory nacho dish. Serve these poolside at your next BBQ!
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 7 ounces chorizo (2 links), casings discarded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crema for garnish (optional)
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Soak the ears of corn in a large bowl of water for about 20 minutes. Remove and drain. Preheat your bbq to medium. Brush corn cobs with oil and wrap with aluminum foil. Place on grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter or oil over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, breaking it up, until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When corn has cooled, slice the kernels off of the cob. Stir corn into chorizo mixture. Mix in sour cream. Set aside.
- Whisk cornstarch and heavy cream together. Pour into a different saucepan and bring to a simmer. Whisk until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack cheese, making a sauce.
- Place tortilla chips onto a serving platter. Layer with chorizo and corn mixture, cheese sauce, and chips. Repeat layers.
- Garnish with cotija cheese, cilantro, and crema.
- Squeeze 1 lime wedge over nachos just before serving. Garnish with additional lime wedges.