Fajitas on a skewer is a fun summertime meal!
Mexican Grilled Chicken Kebabs
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place in a plastic food bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together canola oil, lime juice and zest, cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic, pickled jalapeño, and salt.
- Pour over the chicken, seal the bag, store in refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for at least 20 minutes prior to use.
- When ready to cook, heat your grill to medium-high. Cut the bell peppers and onion into 3/4-inch chunks, thread onto skewers with the marinated chicken pieces, alternating with vegetables.
- Place kabobs on the grill, cover, and let cook until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning kebabs once cook evenly.
- Remove kebabs to a serving plate and sprinkle with cilantro and a few squeezes of fresh lime juice.