Skip to content
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 4 pickled jalapeño chili peppers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 avocado, chopped or sliced
- Fill a large bowl with ice cold water, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add beans and simmer until they turn bright green, crisp tender.
- Drain and add cooked beans to the bowl of ice cold water. Drain beans when cooled.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, onions, jalapeños, oregano, cilantro, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add beans, bell peppers, cheese, and avocado.
- Stir in dressing and mix well.
- Garnish with additional cheese and cilantro. Serve chilled.