What do you like more? The chili or toppings? I love a hearty chili that I can top with extra Mexican flavors. Click here for my quick and easy crema recipe or my spinach cilantro pesto.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds organic, lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, no salt added
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, no salt added
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened chocolate
- Toppings (optional)
- spinach cilantro pesto
- cotija cheese
- tortilla strips
- cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in garlic and cook until slightly golden.
- Add ground beef, stirring, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne, and chili paste.
- Continue to stir until meat has been coated with seasonings.
- Add tomatoes, beans, enchilada sauce, and chocolate. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with spinach cilantro pesto, crema, cotija cheese, tortilla strips, cilantro, and fresh lime juice.