Add a kick to your cornbread.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon green pepper hot sauce
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 2 jalapeños, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add honey and eggs, beating for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in buttermilk, hot sauce, and corn.
- Spoon about ¼ cup batter into each muffin cup.
- Garnish with sliced jalapeños onto each muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick tester comes out clean.