Celebrate Halloween all month long with a simple pot pie dinner.
Jack-o’-lantern Enchilada Pot Pies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (16 ounce) can favorite enchilada sauce
- 3 cups Jack cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1/4 cilantro, chopped (optional garnish)
- Grease 8 small ramekins and set aside.
- Remove sheets of frozen puff pastry and allow to defrost slightly. In a small saucepan, heat oil.
- Sauté onions until translucent. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked chicken, green chilies, enchilada sauce, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a 3 3/4-in. pumpkin cookie cutter and a knife, cut out pumpkins and their faces from the puff pastry. Place a jack-o'-lantern on each ramekin, brush with the egg and bake until puffed and golden brown for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro to garnish.