Skip to content
- ½ cups crema
- 1 (8 ounce) package sausage
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 4 whole small corn
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cups radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cups cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cups red onions, pickled
- ½ whole avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook breakfast sausage breaking apart into small pieces. Cook sausage until browned.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In two small separate saucepans, warm the enchilada sauce and refried beans. Stirring occasionally so as not to burn.
- Wipe out grease in the skillet left from sausage.
- Return skillet to stove over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Fry tortillas in oil until both sides are crispy and brown. Add more oil as needed.
- Drain crispy tortillas on plates lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Remove any access oil from the skillet. Fry eggs in the skillet until center has set and whites are opaque. Transfer fried eggs to a plate and keep warm.
- To assemble, place a dollop of refried beans on the center of the plate.
- Place one crispy tortilla on top of the beans to keep from sliding. Spread a layer of beans over the top. Sprinkle cheese over the beans and add a few spoons of the browned sausage.
- Spoon warmed enchilada sauce over top with tomato halves, radish slices and cilantro, and pickled red onions.
- Top the stack with another crispy tortilla and repeat the layering process. Top the stack with a fried egg, avocado and drizzle with crema. Squeeze with fresh lime juice and serve immediately.