A fun way to serve steak as a savory appetizer or as a mouthwatering dinner.
Grilled Steak and Asparagus Roll-Ups
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced, reserved
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and trimmed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- lime slices, for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1 tablespoon cilantro, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together seasonings: chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Season the steak with the mixed spices.
- Cut the steak into thin, long strips, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat and add asparagus; season a sprinkle of mixed spices. Cook until crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Top each slice of steak with three asparagus, roll up, and secure with a toothpick.
- Reheat the fry pan and add the steak roll-ups. Cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the meat.
- Remove from heat, remove toothpicks, and transfer to a serving plate.
- Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice over the roll-ups and garnish with additional cilantro and lime slices.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.