Elevate your salad course this summer with grilled greens.
Grilled Romaine With Lemon Cilantro Dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounces seasoned pork or beef chorizo
- 2 Romaine hearts
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, cilantro, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium pan, cook chorizo over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cut Romaine hearts in half, length-wise and leave the ends intact so each half holds together. Brush cut side with olive oil.
- Place lettuce, cut side down on grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly charred. Remove from grill and plate cut side up.
- Drizzle with creamy lemon dressing, chorizo, and crumbled Cotija cheese. Serve immediately.