A simple, refreshing and tangy salsa that pairs well with grilled seafood. You’ll even catch me eating it with chips! Yum!
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, reserved
- 1 small ripe pineapple trimmed and sliced into (1/2 inch) cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- lime juice to taste
- salt to taste
- In a cast iron grill pan, heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil over medium-high heat. Grill pineapple on each side until caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, use remaining coconut oil and grill peppers until lightly charred, set aside. Once cooled, dice the pineapple and bell peppers.
- In a large bowl, stir together pineapples, peppers, red onions, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.