Skip to content
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (7 ounce) package fideo
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 3 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup crema
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a blender add tomatoes, chipotle chile, sauce, water and puree until smooth.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and add fideo. Stir until fideo is slightly toasted, but not burned.
- Transfer fideo to a bowl and reserve.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet. Stir until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato puree, salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir and let mixture come to a boil.
- Add fideo and continue to boil for 15 minutes until liquid absorbs.
- Serve fideo topped with queso fresco, crema, avocado, and cilantro