Show your stars and stripes this 4th of July with an easy and festive layered dip!
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) favorite salsa
- 2 cups guacamole
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- In a small bowl, mix together the refried beans, cumin, and chili powder.
- In an 8x8 pan, spread the refried beans evenly at the bottom of the dish.
- Top evenly with remaining layers of salsa, guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream.
- To assemble the flag, pour black beans into the corner of the dish, replicating the stars.
- Place a row of tomatoes alternating with the Jack cheese to create the red and white stripes on the American flag.
- Serve with tortilla chips.