I’ve always loved deviled eggs, even before they became chic. Serve on a simple plate to keep these modern.
Deviled Eggs with Brown Sugar and Chili Bacon
- For the Brown Sugar and Chili Bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 8 thick-cut bacon
- For the Deviled Eggs:
- 12 large eggs, hard-boiled, cooled & halved
- 2 tsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Before preparing the eggs, preheat oven to 400° degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set a cooling rack inside the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine the brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge the bacon slices in the brown sugar mixture and arrange the bacon on the rack. Bake in the preheated oven until crisp, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool. Slice into 2" pieces and set aside.
- To prepare the eggs, transfer egg yolks from halves to mixing bowl and combine with chives and vinegar.
- Stir in sour cream. Add more as needed to reach desired smoothness.
- Spoon yolk mixture into halves. The bulk will have grown substantially, so pile it high and sprinkle with paprika.
- Top each with a 2” square piece of brown sugar and chili bacon.