Skip to content
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 peach, diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons Siracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lime zested
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left intact
- 32 ounces vegetable oil
- In a medium size bowl, combine mango, peach, jalapeño, Siracha sauce, basil, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Stir until combined. Store chilled.
- In a medium bowl combine the Panko, shredded coconut, flour, crushed red pepper, lime zest, salt and pepper.
- In another smaller bowl whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Dip the shrimp into the eggs and dredge the shrimp through the Panko mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees F, or medium heat in a heavy pot.
- Fry shrimp in batches flipping after 1-2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place the shrimp on a paper towel lined plate, repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Serve shrimp warm with mango peach jalapeño sauce.