Cinnamon + Sugar = LOVE!!! Bite size churro hearts will make every day feel like Valentine’s day!
Churro Heart French Toast
- 1 loaf, slightly stale bread
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pint of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- maple syrup or chocolate sauce
- Using stale bread, cut out heart shapes using a 1-inch heart cutter.
- Beat the egg with milk, vanilla, salt, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter at a time, using additional butter as needed.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Dip each heart in egg mixture to coat both sides. Shake off excess egg mixture.
- Place the bread in the pan and fry about 45 seconds per side.
- Transfer the hearts in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat well. Serve immediately.
- *Stale bread is recommended, allowing the bread to soak up more egg mixture without falling apart and lose their heart shape.