Ridiculously delicious caramel sauce. A perfect gift to sweeten anyone’s holiday.
- 4 cups goat's milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- ½ tsp baking soda dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
- In a large pot, heat the milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla bean pod to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, stirring often.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, stir in baking soda water. Continue to stir, scraping the sides and bottom of the pot with a rubber spatula to prevent it from sticking. Cook for up to 1 1/2 hours until the milk has thickened and caramelized into a golden brown color. Remove from heat.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and vanilla bean pod.
- Pour into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.