A classic dish, homemade mac & cheese.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cup milk
- 6 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly pour in 4 cups milk, whisking until smooth. Heat to a low boil until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 6 cups shredded cheese. Stir until melted.
- Mix in macaroni.
- Scoop into prepared baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Stir in bread crumbs, stirring constantly until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spread over the mac and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 14-15 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve warm.