Lighten your meal with an easy summer salad filled with avocado, corn, and tomatoes.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 (5 ounce) bag arugula
- 4 avocados, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup queso fresco or feta
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the parsley, cilantro, and red onions. Set aside to chill in the refrigerator.
- Cook corn on the grill or boil until crisp tender. Remove kernels from the cob.
- In a large bowl, toss together corn, arugula, avocado, tomatoes, and queso fresco.
- Toss with dressing and serve chilled.